Saturday, February 26, 2011

I write historical romance with interracial characters. Where and how can I better promote my work?



Your Ad Here



Romance
by Neil Krug

Question by chiron:

I write historical romance with interracial characters. Where and how can I better promote my work?



Your Ad Here





My niche is historical romance involving interracial characters, mostly, African-American/Blacks and a person of another race. Hey, how do you think my people got to be all colors? My latest release charts the romance between a free African American woman and an Oneida Indian man during the American Revolution in New York state. I like exploring where Blacks were during key events in history. Where and how can I promote this sub-genre? My publishers had faith in me and took on the story. Now I want others to enjoy it too, not just sit on a shelf.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by islesfan
It is promotion time! You need to research some types of promotion. For example, create nice looking bookmarks or small posters, and get bookstores to post them. Go to some conferences, and make sure your promotional items get distributed. You have a tough one there, since the romance industry is so set on categorizing books. You will likely just get categorized as a "historical," regardless of your special niche.

Are you in NY? If so, you have a great advantage there. Will you be in Dallas for National? Yet another place to get your materials out there. National is too big in my opinion. We just got back from a small conference in Denver, and you would have gotten better attention there.

I assume you are a RWA member? If not, join!

Good luck, and I hope this helps.





Give your answer to this question below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment